Friday, September 17, 2004

Never Enough Journalistic Integrity Department

Have I mentioned recently that Bill Moyers rocks? I'm sure I have.

The above link is for a speech he gave at a Society of Professional Journalists conference on Sept. 11th. Given that I've loved pretty much everything he's ever written for its honesty, penetration, and even its lyrical qualities, I'm admittedly biased. I still think this speech is the best thing he's written, as it aims at the malaise that has corrupted journalism in this country and which, in turn, threatens to weaken our democracy just when we need it most.

Read it. It's worthy of much wider readership than this blog can give, but every bit helps. Read it, and thank Bill Moyers for his willingness to say what's on his mind in such a clear and potent fashion.


No comments: