Thursday, April 07, 2005

Never Enough Extra Catch-Ups Department

OK, it's been three months since my last blog entry. What's been going on? In short:

My contract position at AT&T Wireless/Cingular Wireless ended, and I've been dealing with depression. However, lately I've started getting some good job leads, and one job is almost certainly mine to have--I'll know more in a couple of weeks. So I've been learning more cooking skills, perfecting reduction tomato sauces for pasta and honing my onion-dicing techniques. (In the interim I have also become an incurable addict to Food Network's Good Eats, Iron Chef, and Iron Chef America.) And, I have been spending much-cherished time with my family.

What have I not been doing? Well, among other things, I haven't made much more music, even though I now have the keyboard stand and GarageBand 2.0. Mainly, I haven't felt particularly inspired. I'm hoping that eases up a bit now. Nor have I done much in Photoshop, alas. And, I haven't been so active in any of my old stomping grounds; I have even cut back my DailyKos activity greatly.

On the other hand, I have become more active on Flickr, the image-sharing service which uses tags rather than galleries to keep images organized. You can see my photos here. I'm also running three SubGenius groups, including one for X-Day photos and images and one for devival photos etc. I've also brushed off the old SubGenius Meetup page I made and started breathing life back into the Seattle SubGenius Meetup, hoping to tie it more into SSUCC-L, and possibly organizing a SubGenius Beach Party early this summer.

Expect more blogging in the near future--I didn't overhaul this site just to let it sit pretty for the next three months!

No comments: