Friday, October 01, 2004

Never Enough Retro Hipness Department

I can't believe John Kerry's site makes a Flock Of Seagulls reference. Of course, I'm not surprized--as a kid I remember my friends and I singing, "And Iran, Iran so far away... where Khomeni, Khomeni better stay... or he'll get blown away!" That was, naturally, before I found out that Iran was receiving weapons from the US, at the same time Iraq was too.

And we wonder why they aren't fond of us.

Me, I'd put pressure on the Iran to heavily reduce the influence of the ayatollahs in their government, and not just focus on whether they are building nukes. There's a very large pro-democracy contingent in Iran, and if we want "regime change", it's far better to work with this base than some misguided exiles with a grudge.

Just saying.

As for the retro newwave thing, I certainly can't critique, not when Cynthia just got a copy of Sigue Sigue Sputnik's album "Flaunt It".


No comments: