Monday, August 22, 2011

Show Me Your Scars

N.B.: I posted this to Twitter this morning as a series of separate tweets, and have made only minor changes.

Listen well. 

So many of my loved ones have scars & wounds & think they aren't beautiful. 

But those scars & wounds are WHY you're beautiful.

Show me a person without a single scar or wound and I'll show you someone who has nary a thing of value to offer anyone.

I say this because everyone I know that has something of worth to offer has had it taken from them or has been rejected violently. This world is full of perils for those of us who have something to give. None of us escape unscathed, although some are wounded worse than others.

Show me your beauty. Show me your scars.

"The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone." 

Amen.

No comments: