Friday, November 11, 2005

Never Enough Blog Games Department

My dear friend, bridesmaid, and fellow SubGenius minister, the Rabbi Jacklyn Hyde, was tagged by a friend who had an interesting blog game. Here's her entry, and while she didn't tag me in turn, I figured I'd play as well.

Here's the rules:

1. Go into your archives.
2. Find your 23rd post.
3. Find the 5th sentence (or close to it.)
4. Post that, along with these rules, in your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

So here's mine:

"Emperor is releasing a new album, Prometheus: The Discipline Of Fire And Demise, which is being hyped as a culmination of this seminal and ground-breaking black metal band's work. And then... farewell."

What's changed since then? Not much, except that Emperor will get back together to headline a couple of large European metal festivals, including the classic Wacken festival. There's no way I can afford to travel overseas for either festival--and the passport would be an extra headache in its own right--but it does raise the possibility that Emperor may visit these shores again, one day. And that makes me smile.

I recently dusted off the Prometheus album, as I'm sure regular readers would've guessed by my post two entries ago. The album still stands as a classic of extreme metal, with soaring, grand melodies and rich, powerful singing mixed with savage riffing and screeches of metaphysical agonies. Get yourself a copy and you won't be disappointed.

This album consoled me at SeaTac when my flight to Tampa was delayed in late September 2001, helped me stay sane in the political fallout following 9/11, and invigorated me during many challenging times since. I'm personally grateful to Emperor for leaving this parting gift, and hope some day I can leave a similar present.

No comments: